Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweet Nothings

Valentine's Day around our house isn't usually much of an event. We try to stay pretty budget friendly, which means we don't eat out much. We also don't really buy each other gifts, as we prefer to buy little somethings here and there that make us happy, such as hubby's new homebrewing kit. However, this year we did have an extra special early Valentine's Day all to ourselves.

We spent the morning at the farmer's market and grocery shopping. We're embarking on a new organic, veggie heavy meal plan that I hope works out for us! I love the farmer's market here. I meant to take the camera for some pictures, but since we had so many other places to go I didn't want to leave it sitting around in the car. Next time, I promise! :D

After our grocery bonanza we decided to use up a Christmas gift card and treat ourselves to Olive Garden. Not very unique, I know, but I am a sucker for the food there. It's just so deliciously bad for you! It was a great excuse to wear my most favorite ever piece of clothing...This gorgeous blue floral 50s dress I got on ebay a year or so ago for about five dollars. I treasure it! I really only wear it out with friends or to eat as I would be really sad if anything ever happened to it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The lovely veggies we got at the farmer's market: kale, turnips, and carrots!

Photobucket

One of the sellers there has a goat farm and his goat cheese is absolutely to die for! It comes at something of a premium, but I secretly think it's worth it!

All in all we had a wonderful day together. We've been together so long we can enjoy even the most hectic school days and slow, stayin-at-home days together, but everyone once and a while it's awesome to have a special day all to yourselves.

Photobucket

Coming up soon, some vintage treasures I found today when we stopped by the local vintage store on a whim. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. :) What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...